Monday 4 January 2016

Okra Curry with Prawns

I love Curries!

I found some Okra in my local supermarket. I never cooked them before, but eaten them a couple of times in New Orleans.

But for making Gumbo I had not enough ingredients at home. But I found some prawns in the freezer, some tomato/veggie sauce leftover and a couple of bits and pieces and decieded to go Curry with this ingredients.

Okra Curry with Prawns

The basic flavours of a curry are the onion and garlic and the tomatoes mixed with the spices.


I build myself an Indian treasure box with spices a couple of years ago, so I have my indian spices handy. I have two boxes, because one has the powders and the Tiffin box is filled with whole spices.

Indian Tiffin with Spices

recipe:
100 g fresh Okra 
1 red onion
3 cloves of garlic
100 g tomato/veggie sauce
10 king prawns defrosted
2 spring onions
3 quail eggs
2 tbsp parsley
fresh Okra
50 ml chicken stock
50 ml water
salt and pepper
1 tsp curcuma
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili
2 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp Madras curry

In a pan heat up the coconut oil and fry the onions and garlic, add the spices and give them 2 minutes, add the okras, fry them 2 minutes then add the tomatoes and the stock and water. Put in the defrosted prawns. Season and let it simmer until the okras are soft and the prawns are cooked. During that time put the three quail eggs on top. They should keep their runny middle.
Serve it with rice

No comments:

Post a Comment