Saturday 16 January 2016

Purslane Green Smoothie with Macadamia

I found some fresh purslane in our organic supermarket today. It is rare to get hold of, so I grabbed a bunch. The moment I saw it, I thought Green Smoothie and was looking forward to it. In an other isle of the same market, I shopped a variety of nut milks.

Smoothie Bowl
Everybody is talking green smoothies on all Internet sites and well, why not. Until now a smoothie for me was some kind of mixture of fruits, apple- or cranberry juice as a base and maybe some fresh ginger or mint. Or a good dose of Yogurt and some kind of nut milk mixed in.
Since people love kale in their smoothies, I tried it once, but kale is not really my kind of veg I fall back to, when I think about cooking something green, so I was not inspired by that drink in the morning. Kale "talks" to me, but that conversation is one sided.

recipe:
200 g purslane
1/2 Lime
1 apple
1 banana
2 soft dates destoned
250 ml Macadamia Nut Milk
1 tbsp Agave Syrup
2 cm fresh grated ginger


topping:

1 tsp chia seeds
1/2 passionfruit

Get everything in a blender and make a smoothie fit for a bowl. If you like to drink it, take 100 ml more Macadamia Milk. Top it with chia seeds and the seeds of half a passionfruit. It gives a little crunch to the smoothie.





No comments:

Post a Comment