Monday 29 February 2016

Poppy Seed Orange Waffles


I will use the Waffle Iron a couple of times so I took it out of the box, inserted the right iron moulds and was ready to go.
A sweet treat on a Sunday afternoon is nice when it is grey and very cold outside.

In the last issue of my Thermomix Finessen recipes I found this combination. All the ingredients were is stock, so I could start the mixture. I used the Thermomix for this, but you can use any kind of electric kitchen helper.

Ingredients
recipe:
1/2 Orange-just the peel is needed
 a bit lemon peel
100 g sugar
20 g vanilla sugar
120 g butter in pieces
2 eggs
250 g buttermilk
200 g flour
40 g poppy seed
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 pinches of salt
4 drops rum aromatic (optional)
powdered sugar to sprinkle the waffles later


Grate the orange peel into the bowl and add sugar and vanilla sugar. Next comes the butter, when it is incorporated in the sugar add all the other ingredients.

Heat up your waffle iron and grease it.
When you bake with an Belgian waffle iron, you get about 9 waffles out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment