Thursday 4 February 2016

Ricotta Quenelles in Soup

It is National Homemade Soup Day in Great Britain.

I never heard of a day like this, but since I love soup I wanted to make some.
To go grocery shopping after work was not possible, so I checked my fridge and cupboards to make a  soup.

Ricotta Quenelles in Soup
I found leftover stock from the Carbonara Raviolo, leftover Ricotta from yesterdays pasta and half a package of fresh cress. I remembered a German chef who made this, but not for a soup but served it with tomato sauce. I had to check my little self written recipe book. I started to collect and add recipes to it 2012 and finished it 2015 in summer. Often it are baking recipes, because you need exact messurements for baking. And when I saw something special, I added it to the book.


recipe:
250 g Ricotta
25 g flour
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp fresh cress
1 tsp dried herbs
salt, pepper and paprika
2 tbsp butter
750 ml stock
1 spring onion

With 2 tablespoons make quenelles and put them in salted simmering water for 3 minutes. Drain.
In a pan heat up the butter until it turns brown - don´t let it burn! Put the quenelles in and give them a toss and put them into a soup bowl.
Heat up the stock, chop the spring onion and serve together.


Beurre noisette

No comments:

Post a Comment