Friday 12 February 2016

Tuna with Cabbage


I found some Sashimi quality Tuna today, yeah! That is a novelty in the Super Center I do some of my grocery shopping in. A wonderful looking tuna loin caught my eye while I was waiting that other customers finished their fish shopping.
It is the first time, that I found Sashimi quality there, when I came there 1,5 years ago and they opened that Super Center I asked for seafood in Sashimi quality and was told, that they don´t sell any - people wont ask for it ???!!! Now I am happy, that making Sushi is going to be a lot easier around here.

But my mood was not for Sushi today, after work and a lot of household chores in front of me, I wanted something quick without much hassle. Fiddling around with Sushi was not on my agenda.

Since the Tuna was so good looking, keeping it simple is easy.-

recipe:
250 g Tuna loin
3 tbsp roasted sesame oil
Japanese pepper, salt
1 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp  light Soy sauce

Just put some roasted sesame oil on the whole tuna and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. In a very hot pan, sear the tuna on each side for 90 seconds, turn and turn until all sides are seared. 

150 g red cabbage shredded
1 carrot
1/4 red pepper
1 spring onion
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp dill
50 g sweet corn
2 tbsp light sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
salt and pepper
throw everything together and mix well



No comments:

Post a Comment