Saturday 23 April 2016

Asparagus Pakoras in red lentil flour -vegan

It is Asparagus season, yeah!


I had to buy a lot of asparagus for the next day, so I did not skimp and bought a pound of green asparagus for my lunch today.
My grocery shopping had me looking in the flour section of the supermarket for some liquid sourdough starter, so in the same isle I found a package of red lentil flour. I never used it before, so  I took one with me. There were a couple of recipes on the website of the manufacturer, they gave me an idea what to do with it.
Out came a vegan lunch! Very tasty!

recipe:
250 g green asparagus
2 large spring onions
1/2 cup red lentil flour
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp brown mustard seeds
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
1/2 tsp paprika
1 cup of water
deep fryer with oil


Cut the veggies into small rings and bring the mixture together and add the veggies.
Heat up the fryer to 180 C and use a large spoon to drop some mix into the oil. They float and you have to turn them a couple of times. Fry them for 3 min and drain on kitchen paper.


As a dip use a yellow tomato apple onion chutney ( the rest from last nights sandwich)

I served it with a wild herbs and edible flower salad in a balsamic dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment