Wednesday 4 May 2016

Asparagus Strawberry Salad

On my way home I find this time of year many shacks selling regional asparagus and strawberries.
The next day is a holiday and beeing able to spent some more time in the kitchen, I decided to make a stop and get lucky with some fresh produce.


I found some high end white small asparagus tops, the ones that don´t need to be peeled and very red and wonderful smelling strawberries.
The saying: "things that grow together - go together "  is not always true, but uncooked asparagus and fresh strawberries are great for a salad.

I used some spring onions, I cut them into fine rings and put them in a sieve in a small bowl and pour some boiling water over them, let them sit for 1 minute and then drain them. So you loose the intense onion smell and the aftertaste. But they are still raw.

A sweet and salty dressing is the best for a salad like that. Not much work to do.


recipe:
250 g fine white asparagus tops
200 g strawberries
3 spring onions
1 tbsp lemon balm
3 tbsp olive oil with lemon
2 tbsp quince vinegar
1 tsp lemon sugar
1/2 tsp fleur de sel
1/2 tsp mixed pepper



No comments:

Post a Comment