Thursday 2 June 2016

On the hunt for local products in Iceland

Today I had a recommendation for a food market that sells mostly local and organic products.
And products of organic producers from other countries. I found a collection of demeter products from Germany there too. I got a package of 3 different salads, they were so fresh as if I had plucked them myself off a field.


I bought a slice of smoked wild salmon from Iceland and I was flashed when I opened the package and smelled and touched the fish. So intense and a high quality fish. It will take a long time until I eat the every day verity of smoked salmon at home again. I used a sharp knife and cut off slices of the salmon from the skin.


In my fridge and on the kitchen counter were sitting several half or quarter eaten bags of  veggies, all from the island and they needed to be used.

I boiled a couple of mini mini potatoes, this time I peeled them first but they still needed an awful lot of time to cook. I soft boiled eggs and had a small pot with some water boiling, in which I added leek in rings and a shallot in half rings, just for 2 minutes and then I drained them.
Some cherry tomatoes from the trip to the tomato farm completed the salad.

The dressing was kept really easy, some double cream, olive oil, balsamic white vinegar, salt, pepper, dried dill and celery seed and a good dose of water.

recipe:
175 g smoked wild salmon
2 eggs soft boiled
8 mini potatoes
12 cm leek
1 shallot
5 cocktail tomatoes
1 package of mixed fresh salad leaves
2 tbsp double cream
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp water
salt, pepper
celery seed and dried dill


No comments:

Post a Comment