Saturday 11 June 2016

Salad with mexican style ingredients and flavoured pork patties

I bought some veggies and salad ingredients today on my grocery shopping trip to France. Some minced pork went into the shopping basket too. First I thought about German Bouletten with regular veggies, then I looked at my huge bunch of cilantro and the avocado and Mexican was the choice of the day.


Since I have a new electric BBQ since Tuesday. Cooking outdoors on the balcony is new favour for me and I can take revenge for all the Bratwurst smoke I had to smell the last years. We have a lot of very active BBQ people around here. 

salad recipe:
1 avocado
1 bunch of cilantro (coriander)
1 red bell pepper
1 large yellow tomato
2 purple spring onions
150 g baby spinach - I love it when a hot stream of water just touched the spinach
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Sherry vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
black olive flavoured fleur de sel
7 pepper mix
celery seeds
cumin seeds

pork recipe:
300 g minced pork
2 tsp dried onion
1 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground chilli
salt and pepper
some chili oil mixed with dried paprika flakes

Mix all the ingredients except the oil and flakes together and shape patties, use the spiced oil and let the patties rest in it for 30 minutes, then put on the grill. It takes about 6 - 8 min per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment