Thursday 14 July 2016

Broccoli Apple Peanut Salad

This is a unique combination and many call it a Fitness salad. I found this recipe at work, I went out on my lunch break for a quick salad and was surprised. I took a pen and a piece of paper and studied what I had on my plate and took notes.
Here is a fresh and tasty kind of salad


recipe:
1 broccoli
1 red apple
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cucumber
125 g roasted peanuts

dressing:
3 tbsp  pistacchio oil
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
a pinch of cayenne pepper
salt

In salted boiling water just toss in the broccoli florets and fish them out 2 minutes later and place them into ice water, so that they stay green, chop them.
Chop the bell peppers and get the wet  bit out of the cucumber and chop it.
Wash the apple and take the core out and chop it.

When everything is chopped separately put it all on a board and run a huge knife through the whole salad a couple of times.
When you use unroasted peanuts, toss them in a pan otherwise use ready roasted ones.

Make the dressing, it should have a bit of a kick to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment