Saturday 30 July 2016

Vegan Coconut Spelt Semolina Pudding

When ever I am looking forward to a warm and very quick way to have a comforting meal, I turn to semolina or rice puddings. They are easy to make, fill the belly and leave a feeling of comfort. And your sweet tooth  is satisfied.


Yesterday after work I was longing for something comforting on a Friday, that was quick to make and thought about Mom´s standard semolina pudding served with some fresh fruit.

But, while I was looking for my standart wheat semolina I took the spelt semolina out of the cupboard, not a huge difference, but a slightly different colour. I saw the tin of coconut cream/milk sitting there and why not, make a different kind of pudding. I turned it into a vegan dish, which challenged me a bit to get my thoughts together and keep up  with that cooking style. In regular semolina puddings, I use an egg yolk to make it more glossy- but now??  I have a jar of coconut butter and that was my solution.

recipe:
400 ml tin of coconut cream
100 ml water
5 tbsp spelt semolina
1/4 tsp rhubarb angelika salt (or any other)
4 tsp coconut flower suger
1 tbsp coconut butter
1 lime
2 flat peaches
1 tsp agave syrup


Heat up the coconut cream with the water, add salt and sugar and bring to a boil.
With a whisk get in the spelt semolina slowly, without making lumps.
Reduce the heat and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the lime juice and the coconut butter and stir well.
Destone the peaches and toss them in the syrup.

That is a dish I will come back to again!

No comments:

Post a Comment