Tuesday 2 August 2016

Crackling Pork Belly with fruity Salsa

This is a recipe I cooked for several years now. One of my favourite chefs made it on TV, Nigel Slater. My family liked that a lot too. But it went into storage.



Today at the Supermarket butcher I was looking for an inspiration what to cook on Sunday, I had basically no idea. Then I saw a big pile of pork belly. And the idea hit me.
Getting all other ingredients together was no problem at all, so I am looking forward to get that pig into the oven tomorrow.
A bit of work I had to do today.

recipe:
1,2 kg pork belly
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp 5spice powder homemade
1 tsp cajun spice  homemade
3 chopped cloves of garlic

Get the marinade together and rub the pork belly all over and put it into a freezer bag and store it in the fridge over night.

Salsa:
2 red chilis
3 ripe peaches
2 apricots
5 cherry tomatoes
3 spring onions
chopped coriander
lime juice
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1 tsp agave syrup

Preheat the oven 220 C and place the pork belly criss crossed side up on a baking dish. Add a little bit of water and bake for 20 min, reduce the heat to 200 C and bake for 45 min. Take out the dish and let the meat rest 10 min.
it is waiting to get into the oven

Deseed the chilis, destone the fruits and place them chopped into a bowl. Add finely sliced spring onions and coriander and quartered cherry tomatoes. Make the dressing and let it sit until the meat is ready.

You  can eat that with rice, potato dumplings or french fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment