Sunday 7 August 2016

Mini Sushi Donuts

I sat at my hairdresser yesterday and while waiting for the cut I went through some glossy magazine issues. These sushi donuts caught my eye immediately.


They were in the vegan variety, but the idea stuck. I wanted to prepare sushi for the evening anyway, so I gave them a try.
They use a donuts maker to form the rings, since I have none, I used a whoopie pie form and a nozzle for a piping bag. But you can use any shallow form you have and something to press out the middle bit. Just oil the form a little to get the rice out later.

recipe:
120 g sushi rice
50 ml rice vinegar
50 ml mirin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp coconut oil

salmon
tiny shrimp
avocado
cucumber
radish
black sesame seeds
furikake
trout caviar
and a couple of leaves for decoration, I used monks cress and horseraddis leaves
pickled ginger
wasabi
Prepare the sushi base and place the donut onto a leave. Then start your creativity and decorate them.
A bit wasabi, a bit ginger and a bowl of soy sauce finish the plate.
Now go and impress people.

No comments:

Post a Comment