Tuesday 13 September 2016

Purple Sweet potato Parsnip mash with Bloodpudding

Today I was surprised.


I wanted to prepare the one sweet potato that I bought 10 days ago at my local supermarket. It was a big one and I thought about making it 3 ways. Orange always looks good on a plate and 3 different ways should have been great.

I took my big knife and cut into it, it got stuck and I thought that the sweet potato was old. Finally I`ve got the knife out and the blade was purple ??? I halved it and surprise, it was dark purple.
3 ways was out of the window and I planned something else.

I had some parsnips and a single carrot in the veggie drawer of my fridge and got everything into the pot and cooked it, the water turned dark purple.

recipe:
one large purple sweet potato
2 parsnips
1 carrot
2 white onions
2 cloves of garlic
50 g creme fraiche
2 tbsp milk
salt and pepper
30 g butter
200 g bloodpudding
2 tbsp flour
200 ml frying oil

Peel and chunk the potato , parsnips and carrot and put it in cold salted water and bring it to a boil.
Peel and slice the onions and the garlic and use a shallow pan with some oil and fry it until it turns brown.

Cut the bloodpudding into some chunks and flour it, when the onions are done, fry the bloodpudding.
Drain the veggies and and mix with creme fraiche, butter and milk and season.

No comments:

Post a Comment