Tuesday 6 September 2016

Sweet Matcha Risotto

I did not plan to make this dish, it just was some kind of idea because I had to throw out my melon, it was bad on the inside. I cleaned my board from the melon juices and looked a the Matcha tea jar.
I never had the Matcha in a sweet risotto, but why not. Lots of lemon jest and juice gives it such a wonderful flavour. I served it with some lemon verbena.


recipe:
130 g Carnerolo Risotto Rice
20 g butter
30 g brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar 
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of vanilla seeds
500 ml whole milk
1 tsp Matcha tea powder
zest of a whole lemon
juice of half a lemon
1 egg
a couple of lemon verbena leafs


In the butter start the rice for 2 minutes, add milk, salt, sugar, vanilla and vanilla sugar get it to bubble and reduce the heat, simmer for 20 minutes and stir often. Add the Matcha and lemon zest and juice and the beaten egg. Serve with some strips of lemon verbena.






No comments:

Post a Comment