Tuesday 22 November 2016

Mulled wine cookie cuts

Here in Germany you get mulled wine or Glühwein at every Christmas market. The spices are in the air and people are drawn to the booths that sell that hot red or white wine. You can get berry wines too. They are overly sweet, so I rarely drink them. When I will have some mulled wine, I choose one of the red wines in my wine cellar and add a bit of sugar and a couple of spices and an orange and lemon peel, that´s it.


But I bought a bottle to use it while baking christmas cookies and looked for the good stuff from a local winery. SO I CAN enjoy the rest :-)

The cookie recipe is from a coworker, I´ve tried her cookies before and knew they were good.

recipe for a 30x50x2 cm oven baking dish: 
250 g softend unsalted butter
125 g sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
4 eggs
250 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
150 g 80% dark chocolate
125 ml red mulled wine

glaze:
250 g icing sugar
4 tbsp mulled wine
3 tbsp almond slices



Grate the chocolate  and place all the ingredients into a bowl, take a hand mixer and make a soft batter.
Preheat the oven 160 C fan
Grease the baking sheet and put baking paper on. Spread the batter evenly over the paper.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Cool completely.
Make the glaze and spread that oven the cake. Sprinkle with almonds.
When its dry, cut out cookies the way you like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment