Saturday 10 December 2016

Fonghetti - Cheese Fondue Spaghetti

This is my kind of portmanteaus dish. I am a huge fan of Swiss cheese fondue and I love a good pasta dish.


I rummaged through my fridge and found some cheeses that needed to be eaten and I was hungry for pasta. I had Emmenthal cheese, some Gryére and cream cheese in stock, so I grated the first two and
chopped a bit of onion and voila:  Taste of Fondue and a plate of spaghetti.

recipe:
100 g Emmenthal cheese
30 g Gryére cheese
60 g cream cheese
125 g creme double
1 shallot
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp butter
40 ml whole milk
30 ml Noilly Prat
1 tsp chicken stock powder
1 tsp Piment d´ Espelette
3-4 drops of Tabasco
some pepper

Cook the spaghetti al dente and save a bit of the water.
In a wide pan melt the butter and saute onion and garlic, add the milk, stock and the Noilly Prat and chuck in the cheeses. On low heat start to melt them.
Season and add the creme double and bring everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment