Sunday 4 December 2016

Christmas spiced cake with Bananas

I have friends over on both weekend days to celebrate my birthday this week.  I was not sure what to bake, but one of my coworkers asked me to bake a spiced cake, because she loves it and hopes the some slices still last until Monday. I think the chances are good, because after today there will be some cake left and tomorrow I only need small portions to serve with the mulled wine zabaglione.




recipe:
3 ripe bananas
4 eggs
150 g caster sugar
70 g coconut flower sugar
250 g unsalted butter
300 g flour
100 g ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp coco powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground clove
2 tsp gingerbread spice
1 tsp vanilla paste

topping:
200 g semi sweet Kuvertüre (chocolate glaze)
30 g almond flakes

Preheat the oven 190 C.
Butter and flour a 23 cm square cake tin

mash the bananas in a  blender or with a fork.
Beat together eggs, sugars and butter.

Get the bananas and all the other ingredients in and make a smooth batter.
Bake for 1 hour, cover the cake after 45 min.


Let it cool down completely, cut it into squares and glaze it and sprinkle with almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment