Sunday 4 December 2016

Linguine con Porcini

A very special taste - dried porcini mushrooms.


I have an old airtight metal tin and I store my dried porcinis in it for many years. They last extremely long and still retain their lovely smell and great taste. I have got a new package of these mushrooms for my birthday and wanted to empty the tin. I had not much left and decided to use them for a quick pasta dish. With the porcinis came a bag of South Tyrolian herbs for pasta, so I combined the two.

recipe:
250 g liniguine pasta
40 g dried porcini mushrooms
100 ml warm water
2 tbsp dried herbs for pasta
4 tbsp high quality olive oil
1 spring onion
1 clove of garlic
salt and pepper
30 g Parmesan

Soak the porcinis in the warm water for 1 hour.
Cook the pasta until al dente and drain it.
In a small sauce pan take half of the porcini water, add the olive oil and the herbs and cook it for 3 minutes. Add the chopped porcini mushrooms and the spring onion and garlic and season. Cook for a couple of more minutes.
Serve with some Parmesan cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment