Monday 13 March 2017

Food in Sicily

I am on an other road trip. This time the lovely island of Sicily. Taking in old charm and historic sites does not leave me enough time to realy explore the food scenen


But having a picknick in the park near the sea promenade in Palermo is a good way to start. One of the delicious things I ate were Aranchini balls, huge in size and still warm from the shop. Risotto rice with saffron folded around great Bolognese sauce. Coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. Yum. We had little yeasty breads - not pizza - topped with tomatos and basil. For dessert there was a tray of ricotta filled cannoli

All with some rose coloured wine from the region.


  1. This time no photos. I am sorry- I was to busy to grab some plate and food  đŸ˜ƒ






No comments:

Post a Comment