Wednesday 1 March 2017

Rabbit in Cider

It is usually called Lapin au Cidre. It is an idea I came up with after my grocery shopping trip to France where I bought two rabbit legs. The meat is very lean and you have to take care that it does not dry out while cooking. I bought a Savoy cabbage too and some of the leaves went into the pot .


This is the second time this week that I used  my pressure cooker. It reduces the cooking time by two thirds.

Recipe for 2:
2 rabbit legs
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp oil
500 ml chicken stock
350 ml cider
1/2 leek
2 small onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 bay leaves
1 tsp rhyme
1 spring onion
2 small swedes
2 tbsp Ayvar
200 g shredded Savoy cabbage


Season the rabbit with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
Prepare all the veggies.
In a pressure cooker heat up some oil and roast the veggies for 3 minutes. Get them out.


Heat up the rest of the oil and brown the meat a bit. Pour in the cider and deglaze the pot. Add the stock and the rest of the seasoning, the veggies and bring to a boil. Close the lid and cook under pressure for 23 minutes.
Steam off, open the lid and taste the sauce.
Serve with some Baguette or rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment