Saturday 22 April 2017

Matcha Pannacotta

Pannacotta is a pretty classic Italian dessert. Here in Germany we love it too. Do not be scared to work with gelatine, it is easy when you follow some steps. I´ve made with powder gelatine, but I will give you the recipe with the more standart gelatine leaves, since they are widely available.


After my trip to Japan I am a huge fan of Matcha tea. I have different qualities at home, even a mix for Matcha latte. The stronger the Matcha taste gets, it will not be so pleasant for European tastebuds.
For a really vibrant green colour you need lots of Matcha and the dessert gets bitter. I helped myself with a little Pandan extract.

It took a lot less time to cook the dessert as it took me to make a decent photo. I used many different settings- having 4 cups of Panacotta - until I found one that looked satisfying. There is sometimes food that tastes great but is bland to look at on a photo.


recipe for 4:
400 g double cream
100 g whole milk
3 gelatine leaves
40 g sugar
1 tsp good quality Matcha
2 tsp Matcha latte powder
1 drop Pandan extract


Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes, then squeeze out the liquid.
In a pot heat up milk and cream, add the sugar and the Matcha and stir well.
Bring to a boil, take off the heat and add the gelatine. Back on low heat and stir until the gelatine is fully dissolved. Add a drop of Pandan to make a greener hue. Do not add too much, otherwise it will look like someone killed Kermit.
Fill into 4 equal cups and let it set in the cold for 3-4 hours.
You can serve it in the cups, but if you take a thin knife and get around the rim of the cup, it gets easy to drop it on a plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment