Wednesday 5 April 2017

Peanut butter and Jelly Cookies

I found this recipe on YT by Cupcake Jemma.


I love peanut butter but I am not really a fan of eating it with Jelly on toast. A toast with either peanut butter or with jelly is fine by me, but both of them together- no thank you. I saw Cupcake Jemma make it and thought the combination as cookie dough sounds much more tasty so I gave it a try in January 2015. It went so well and they were gone so fast.

I brought the cookie jar filled with cranberry oatmeal cookies to the office on Monday morning and set it on my side board. Yesterday morning I filled in the rest I had still at home. My coworker is part time and she left at 1 PM yesterday, today in the morning she came in, looked at the side board - no cookie jar and shouted: who has eaten all the cookies yesterday!
It sounded so sad that I decided to bake a batch of fresh cookies when I came home from the office in the evening. All cupboard ingredients.


recipe:
110 g unsalted butter
135 g chunky peanut butter
110 g white sugar
110 g brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
160 g flour
100 g dark coloured jelly - I used a homemade plum jam with lots of spices


Preheat oven 170 C
Beat softened butter and peanut butter together, add the sugars and the egg and vanilla extract.
Give it a good whisk until it is smooth.
Add flour with baking soda and salt and make a crumbly dough
Use 80 g of the jelly and just stir it in, not to smooth, just leave some chunks.


Use baking paper and with a spoon drop some batter on 12 cookies on each large baking sheet
Flatten them a bit with your hand and drop a little jelly on top.
Bake for 16 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment