Monday 24 April 2017

Quick Kind of Spaghetti Carbonara

I have my own version of Carbonara (named Spaghetti with feta and bacon) which is on this blog already.
I saw Donal Skehan prepare this dish. And with some fried bacon leftover from an other dish that sat in my fridge, a couple of eggs and a chunk of Parmesan it gave me the reason to make it.


It is a dish you can prepare in the time it takes the spaghetti to get cooked. Just throw the bacon in a pan with a little oil and wait until it is done. I like my bacon bits not to crispy, so I get them out when they are still a bit soft. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.


You need only the egg yolk, so discard the white or use it for something else.
Use a big bowl and mix the grated Parmesan into the egg yolks. Season  with some pepper.
When the pasta is al dente, scoop out a cup of pasta water and drain the rest.


In the bowl loosen the Parmesan egg mix with a tbsp of hot pasta water, get the pasta and the bacon in and toss, you will need a bit more of the pasta water to make the sauce creamy.



No comments:

Post a Comment