Wednesday 17 May 2017

Bruffins with savoury filling

I just ate the most amazing Brioche-Muffins.



Like Cronuts it is a combination of 2 different kinds of baked goods and I found it in the same cookbook from Karin Iden I made the baked donuts from. She gives a shortcut recipe for the dough and when I read that, I knew I had to make it.
You can fill them with lots of sweet stuff or you can step outside the box and make savoury ones.
I wanted to eat them at lunch so I decided to go savoury and I could use up some things sitting in my fridge. This is defintely a way to get rid of things and making them shine in a dish.
I bought a fresh bloodsausage at a farmshop in the rural area of Hessian on Monday and ate half of it on bread already. But warm bloodpudding is one of the things I love so I decided to stick it in my bruffins. From my pizza yesterday there were some button mushrooms left and they went in too.
This kind of baked goods is great as a starter to one of my next gatherings.


recipe for 3 or 6:
1 Pillsbury Kraft crescent shaped dough (do not use croissant dough)
1 egg yolk
1 tsp creme fraiche
 a little flour for the board
6 paper muffin cups
oil to spray
100 g fresh bloodpudding
5 button mushrooms
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
salt  and pepper
3 tsp mustard




Use a muffin tin and set 6 paper cups on. Spray them with oil, so the bruffins wont stick to the paper.
Chop onion and garlic and mushrooms into fine dice and start in some oil with the onion and soften  it.
Add garlic and after 2 minutes 1 tsp of mustard. Then in with the mushrooms and let them shrink, season with salt, pepper and thyme.
Chop the bloodpudding into fine cubes and get it into the pan. It will take a bit of time to soften it, add the rest of the mustard and stir well.
Get it out of the pan on a cold plate and cool it down completely.


Preheat the oven 200 C.
Flour a board and unroll the dough. Close the cutlines with your fingers so you´ll have a complete rectangular piece.
Put the filling in the lower part, mix egg yolk and creme fraiche and brush the top of the dough.
Roll it up and then make 6 cuts. Stick them upright in the oiled muffin cups and press down a bit.
Use the eggwash and brush them  all around.
Stick the tray into the oven and bake for 15 min.


Serve warm with some salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment