Monday 8 May 2017

Chicken with Maple Bacon Sauce

This a recipe from Tia Mowry. I saw her collab with Donal Skehan on YT last night.
I checked my stuff in the fridge and I had no need to buy groceries on the way back home from work.
I love this kind of dishes were I do not need to run around for ingredients.


As always, I made it my own recipe with a couple of additions and the smell that just comes out of the kitchen is incredible. I just have to wait for 45 min until the chicken is cooked through.


recipe for 2:
2 chicken legs
chicken seasoning
salt and pepper
1 red onion
2 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 courgette
125 g smoked bacon bits
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp soy sauce
150 ml water
50 ml Noilly Prat
1 tbsp parsley


In a pan with a lid brown the bacon, scoop it out on kitchen paper.
In the bacon fat let the seasoned chicken legs get a good colour, get them out.
Cut the onion in slices, use the garlic cloves whole and brown them in the fat.
Add the small courgette dices.
In a bowl mix maple syrup, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
Get the chicken and the bacon back into the pan and pour the sauce over.
Add water and Noilly Prat.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until the chicken is no longer raw.
Add some parsley and serve with some bread to mop up the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment