Saturday 6 May 2017

Tempura white Asparagus

This is Fast Food for me.


I bought a bunch of small white asparagus- they call it Deluxe, because it does not need to be peeled- but they are the tiny stalks that they wont sell otherwise. But with the "Deluxe" sign, they are sold to us at a high price.
I just chopped off half a centimeter at the bottom, washed them and I was good to go.

A box of cream cheese and some Ayvar are ingredients to be found in my fridge mostly all year round, some fresh herbs from the balcony and a Tempura flour bag from my Asian storage corner.


recipe:
200 g Tempura flour
150 ml ice cold water
1 tsp dried onion powder
chili salt and white pepper
60 g cream cheese
1 1/2 tbsp Ayvar
some fresh herbs
oil for frying


Make the tempura batter,
heat up the oil to 170 C,
mix cream cheese and Ayvar and herbs,
drop the asparagus in the batter,
a batch into the oil for 3 minutes ,
drain on kitchen paper,
serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment