Thursday 4 May 2017

Vanilla carrots

It may sound strange, but carrots are kind of sweet and they go very well with vanilla. You can just sesaon them with a vanilla pod in the cooking water, or as I did with some vanilla sugar and vanilla vinegar.





I had a couple of carrots - 3 and a half to be correct sitting in the vegetable drawer of my fridge for a while. They looked very sad and  were a bit rubber like on the outside. I was not doing any kind of stock in the next couple of days- I would have thrown them in otherwise. I decided to prepare them as chopped carrots. It was a bit of a deal to peel them with a speed peeler, but I got my carrots diced into fine cubes. One spring onion to flavour and a bit of olive oil.

recipe:
use fresh carrots if you have- but sad ones will do the job as well
1 tbsp olive oil
1 spring onion
1/2 tsp brown vanilla sugar
1 tsp rich dark vanilla vinegar
1 tbsp water
salt and pepper

It is not much to do.
Just start onion and carrot dices in the oil, wait until they get a little soft, add vanilla sugar and caramelize a bit, add the vinegar, salt and pepper and finish with some water.
When the carrots are tender enough, just serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment