Saturday 8 July 2017

Lamb with Cumin and Coriander

This is a recipe from Tohru Nakamura. He is a chef at Munich Restaurant "Geisels Werneckhof". I´ve changed it a bit to my liking.


My BFF is collecting newspaper clippings with recipes for me and this was in one of the newer collections. I found it last night and the combination of Asian and more Middle Eastern flavour intrigued me.
So after my Saurday summer class of Qi Gong in a near by park I went grocery shopping - deeply relaxed! I bought some lamb flank meat and marinated it for 2 hours.

If you are not a huge fan or cumin or coriander, both the seeds and the green stuff, stay away from this recipe. Otherwise try it, it is delicous and does not need a lot of work.


recipe for 2:
400 g lamb flank or leg meat
50 ml dark soy sauce
30 ml dark sesame oil
30 g fresh ginger
1 1/2 Tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
50 ml rapeseed oil
2 shallots
3 cloves of garlic
50 ml white wine
1 bunch fresh corinander
a couple of fresh mint leaves
salt and pepper
1 cup of short grain rice


Cut the lamb meat into fine slices, chop the ginger into slices and add both to a bowl with a lid and pour in soy sauce and sesame oil. Let it marinate for 2 hours.
Use a small frying pan with no oil and toast the cumin and coriander seeds. Put them in a pestel and mortar and make a medium ground.



Before you put the meat in the very hot pan, coat it in the ground spices.
Toss it in the hot pan, it will not need too much time, take the meat out.
Saute the onions and the garlic in the pan, add the wine and cook for 2 minutes. Add the meat and half of the chopped coriander greens.

Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice and a bit of lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment