Wednesday 18 October 2017

Mazedonian Rice and Chicken

I had one fresh chicken thigh left from yesterdays Hungarian feast and wanted to prepare some fresh chicken stock for other dishes this week.


Googling through the Internet brought me this idea with uncooked rice topped with veg and fresh chicken stock cooked in the oven.

I placed the chicken thigh in a good amout of salted water with some bay leaves and got it up to a boil, reduced the heat and cooked it for 20 min.
In a small pan I fried spring onion, garlic and chopped bell pepper and a splash of wine.

I filled a 20 cm ovenproof dish with uncooked rice, placed the veggies on top and seasoned well with paprika powder.

Twice as much chicken stock to rice to cover it completely I sat the thigh on top.

Bake at 180 C fan for 20 min and let it rest outside the oven for 6 more min to absorb the rest of the stock.

recipe:
1 chicken tigh
1 l salted water
2 bay leaves
1 red bell pepper
2 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp dried herbs
1 tbsp olive oil
50 ml white wine
1/2 cup rice
salt and pepper
2 tsp paprika powder

No comments:

Post a Comment