Saturday 30 December 2017

Filled giant mushrooms

Today is the last day of grocery shopping before the year 2017 ends. I started early and hit the supermarket before 8 AM to get just the few item I needed for the New Years eve and the first of January. My plans for tomorrow night and lunch on the next day stands - I will not tell you now - but I had no idea what to prepare today and tomorrow at lunch.



I have so much cheese in the fridges in the moment, so getting rid of some will be the base to some dishes.
At work we had a breakfast together and everybody brought something- my famous Kochkäse or cooked cheese was eaten that day (recipe here on the blog somewhere). But several food was left in the fridge at work for the next morning or taken home.
My coworker had great cheese from a cheese shop in Bavaria and some was left in the fridge. She wanted to take it home - but forgot. I received a What´s app that told me to take the cheese home with me to enjoy. MORE CHEESE!

Last night I cut some of it up and used the sliced pieces too for a pan full of melted cheese raclette style eaten with some hot potatoes. Some cheese down.

Today I stumbled upon some Bella Gomba, Italian portobello mushrooms. Just two and I filled them with - what do you think !?  Cheese and baked them in the oven. So delicious.


recipe for 2 mushrooms:
2 large Bella Gomba
30 g sheep milk feta
2 tsp cream cheese
1/4 bunch chives
1 spring onion
1 hand full of baby spinach
30 g black forest ham bits
pepper
30 g grated provolone cheese

sauce:
50 ml creme fraiche
30 ml sour cream
2 tbsp duck stock
2 tbsp red wined
1 tsp Baharat seasoning
2 tsp condensed milk

Preheat the oven 200 C.
Put the mushrooms in oven proof dishes.
In a bowl mix feta, cream cheese and veggies, add the ham bits and season with pepper.
Put into the mushrooms and grate the provolone cheese on top.

Mix the ingredients for the sauce, except the condensed milk. Pour beside the mushroom.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes-
Loosen the sauce with some condensed milk and put that on top of the mushrooms and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment