Saturday 16 December 2017

Pumpkin Salad Greek Style

I am finally back on track after my holidays. It took me a while to get used to the very winter weather here and I had no time to cook. I just took made some classics like homemade Ramen soup or Bratwurst.
Nothing to post here.


Today I made the grocery shopping for the Christmas days and I have most of my shopping done. I will just need to get some bread and fresh chicken thighs and some peppers and I am done. It is a good thing that I have a second fridge in the basement. It holds now all the stuff I will need over the holidays.

In that cold and ugly weather I wanted something out of the oven. A salad with winter veggies sounded good. After you have peeling and chopping done, all other things are made by the oven and you have time to do something else- like doing laundry!


recipe for 2:
700 g Hokkaido pumpkin
280 g red onion
250 g parsley roots
1 lemon
5 cloves of garlic
1 tsp thyme and oregano
1 tsp salt and pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
200 g feta
6 artichoke hearts in oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
chives

Preheat the oven 200 C
Peel onions and cut them into 6 wedges, cut the lemon into 6 wedges, peel the garlic and crush it a little, peel parsley roots and quarter them.
Wash the pumpkin, open it and take the seeds out. Cut it into small wedges.
Get everything into a bowl and season it and toss it in oil.


Put in in the oven and bake it for 25 min, toss half way through.
Half the artichokes and cube the feta.
Open the oven and place both inside with the veggies, turn the heat off and let the oven door a bit open and let that rest for 5-10 min


Place it on 2 plates and finish with balsamic vinegar and chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment