Thursday 21 December 2017

Roasted Savoy Cabbage Burger

I am not a huge fan of soft burger buns and sometimes I create myself a burger bun with veggies or pasta.
From my vegetarian Savoy cabbage with caraway seed butter and dill sauce I had a medium head of cabbage left over. I was staring at it every time I went into the kitchen and needed an inspiration.


Today at the butcher shop I bought some organic lean beef and looked forward to some tasty beef Frikadelle ( a German word for meatball- usually made from a pork and beef mince).
O K - meatballs with potato mash and savoy cabbage veg.
BORING.

I cut two 2 cm slices off the head of the cabbage and fixed them with toothpicks. A bit of dressing was nescessary to give it more taste.
I went for miso paste and some other ingredients and it was an success. I put the typical ingredients for a meatball into my beef and prepared it in the oven with the cabbage.

recipe for 1 burger:
2 slices of Savoy cabbage about 1 inch thick
1 tsp white miso paste
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Mirin
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
salt and pepper
olive oil spray

180 g lean beef mince
1 spring onion
1 shallot
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp Pul Biber
1/2 paprika powder
salt and pepper
1 egg
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 slices of strong cheese
tomatoes
ketchup

Preheat the oven 180 C fan.
Place a baking paper on a baking sheet and spray it with oil.
Make the dressing for the cabbage and rub it on both sides.
Make the meatball. (when you have more beef mince, make more patties and eat them an other time)
Place everything on the baking sheet and place it into the oven for 25 min, turn after 15
Place the cheese on top of the meatball 2 min before end of baking time.


No comments:

Post a Comment