Wednesday 3 January 2018

Portugese liquid sheep milk cheese and pasta


The last bit of my Portugese cheese is gone now!

I wanted to eat it warm with some pasta, the strong smelling cheese mellows when you melt it and the whole kitchen gets a lovely smell.

After a long day at the office food without fuss sounded great. Checking the fridge I found the rest of the cheese sitting there. I should have taken it out of the fridge in the morning to get it liquid, but I forgot.
That is not a big problem, I unpacked it from the plastic bag and put it on a plate and set it in the microwave for 2 minutes at 350 watts.

I cooked the cappelini pasta in vegetable stock from some stock cubes and used some of the pasta water then for the sauce.


recipe for 1:
100 g cappelini pasta
1 shallot
1 tsp butter
2 tbsp double cream
3 tbsp of sheep milk cheese
1 cup of pasta veg stock
white pepper
some dried salad herbs


Cook the pasta and save some of the water.
Saute the shallot in butter and add the liquids.
Melt the cheese and season.
Toss the pasta in the sauce and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment