Wednesday 21 February 2018

Pastirma packages Turkish style

It is such a long time ago I had these packages. I can barely remember the circumstances, I came in contact with this recipe.


I prepared it afterwards several times, but getting the specific ingredients was a nuance that time. Long before you found Turkish ingredients in local supermarkets and Turkish markets were rare.
I remember that I had to drive out of the city into an other smaller town to find such a market.

How the times have changed! Our local supermarkets sell most products and Turkish large and small supermarkets are all over the place.


recipe:
100 g pastirma slices
50 g Kashkaval cheese
spring onion
parsley
olive oil spray
toothpicks

Preheat the oven 170 C and bake for 6 min..
The moment I´ve pulled them out of the oven, I remembered the smell. All the memories of these times came back and it was just amazing to see what you store in your brain that was long forgotten.


No comments:

Post a Comment