Saturday 17 March 2018

Spaghetti with Spinach and Bacon

I am looking forward to ST. PATRICK'S DAY tomorrow.
To get into the mood I prepared that dish.
For so many years I celebrated this Irish holiday with my parents, my friends and very often with my coworkers. It started small and then went into a big event with lots of partissipants.
Now I just do it for myself.


It is fun to think about recipes and to check the amount of green foodcolouring in the house.
Since I found Pandanextract, getting something green is no longer a huge problem.
I needed some cream spinach for my dish tomorrow but there were only large packages of my favourite kind. So half of it went into the pasta dish today.


recipe:
150 g spaghetti plat
225 g frozen spinach with cream
3 slices of smoked bacon
50 g grated Parmesan
1 tbsp creme fraiche
nutmeg
salt and pepper
Fresh basil

Cook the pasta al dente.
The spinach is in frozen chunks and can be measured very easily. I took half of the 450 g package and added the creme fraiche and put it into the microwave until heaten up.
Cut the bacon into 1 inch pieces and brown it in a pan. Drain on kitchen paper. Pour the spinach in the same pan and add fresh grated nutmeg. Add the bacon and the fresh cooked pasta. Topped with cheese and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment