Sunday 22 April 2018

Chiffon Vanilla Cake

This type of cake is well known in Asia. Asking people here, it is mostly unkown.
It is a very eggy sponge cake with a fluffy texture.


I was in our large Asian supermarket yesterday and stumbled over a box of cake mix. I was not sure about making my own cake mix, so bought that to try. I had to add a lot of eggs (7) and a bit of coconut milk.


The most work did my Kenwood kitchen machine.



To get an absolut fluffy and airy mixture, it needed a lot of time to beat.


I did not have the right baking dish, so I used  my Radon form and built a paper ring around it.

The cake had to bake at 160 C for 1 hour.
The cake came out fine and it tastes great.
I just ordered the proper baking dish at Amazon for more of this cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment