Friday 13 April 2018

Gambrinus Café in Napoli

There are cafes all over the world you need to visit one day.
They are famous for their atmosphere or beautiful site and mostly for their coffee and great pastries and other sweet stuff.


In Austria are the Vienna coffee houses of Sacher and Dehmel. In Paris its Café des Flores and in  Budapest Cafe New York. Just a few of the famous of a long list.


Beeing on a trip to Italy, I came to Napoli. A city with more then 1 million inhabitants and a historic downtown area with lots of great buildings.
At the Piazza Plebiscito , the place of the people, in a corner building is the Cafe Gambrinus. It is a mix of late 1900 to the Art Deco.

I did not have enough time to sit down and enjoy the place. But I took the time for a coffee at the bar.
That is a tradition you see the Italians enjoy daily.

I ordered a coffee Veneziana. Espresso with cream, topped with dense hot chocolate, milk foam and sprinkled cocoa on top. Served with a glass of tap water.
It was delicious.
Now I was to an other coffee house to check off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment