Tuesday 1 May 2018

Korean Sautéed Zucchini and Shrimp




Aehobak-saeu-bokkeum.
One of my favourite You Tubers is Maangchi. She is Korean and lives in New York. She is cooking on videos for 10 years now.

She made this as a side dish on some videos but never showed the actual cooking process. It was the newest video last weekend.

We have a day off tomorrow because its the 1.of May.
I bought groceries in advance, so I did not need to go out for a lot after work. I just had 3 items on my list. But I got lucky today and a coworker went out
to Lidl during lunch break and asked me if I wanted something. I just gave her my 3 item list. For todays dinner she bought me a bag of frozen cooked and shelled shrimps.


The recipe is very easy to adept to the ingredients you have at home.


This is my version with the ingredients I had on hand.

Recipe:
1 medium courgette (zucchini)
3 shallots
1 spring onion
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 fresh red chili
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp roasted seasame seeds
Salt
1/2 cup shortgrain rice

Half the courgette and cut it in 1 cm diagonal slices, put salt on and let it rest for 10 min. Drain the excess water.
Chop the onions and garlic and chili and in some oil give it 2 min, add the courgettes and let them get fairly soft.
Add the shrimps and give them just the time to warm through and add the fish sauce.
Finish with sesame oil and sesame seeds and add the spring onions last.

Serve with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment